Prevention Is Cheaper Than The Cure
Almost every home or business encounters blocked drains at some point during their lifetime. A drain can block for several reasons, and often the immediate symptom is treated, but the underlying cause is not investigated and fixed, which is what Subscan UDS offer full drainage maintenance (PPM).
You may have a blockage if:
- You find it hard to flush your toilet.
- Your sink or bath empties very slowly.
- You notice a bad smell coming from your drains.
You may experience flooding in your home or business if wastewater cannot drain away from your toilet or other fittings. Keeping your toilet clear of blockages is easy, just discard anything that doesn’t belong there.
A sewer system is designed to collect water from toilets, sinks, bathtubs, showers, as well as human waste. All other waste should be disposed of in the bin. Flushing items down the toilet is the most common cause of sewage backing up. In many cases, foreign objects are flushed down the toilet without people being aware of the consequences.
Blocked drains can be caused by many things, but the most common culprits are:
- Oils, fats, and waste food that can become hard and block the pipes. Did you know that 48% of the nation pour fats, oils and grease (FOG) down their drains.
- Sanitary items, such as tampons, towels, and cotton buds. Did you know an estimated 1.8 billion cotton buds are flushed down the toilet every year.
- Wet wipes – all types of wet wipes can cause blockages, even ones that are labelled as ‘flushable’. Did you know that 48% of the British public have flushed wet wipes.
Planned Drainage Maintenance
At Subscan we take care of essential drainage maintenance for clients throughout the UK. Planned Preventative Drainage Maintenance (PPM) work ensures that drainage systems continue to work efficiently and minimises any potential damage or blockage.
Our PPM work can accurately assess the condition of all drains and complete any repair work before any issues arise. Using the latest CCTV technology and experienced drainage inspectors we can carefully assess the most difficult to reach areas.
The advantages of Planned Preventative Maintenance are:
- Minimises any disruption to businesses.
- Reduces the chance of costly repairs due to negligence.
- Ensures system is working at maximum performance.
- Extends drainage life expectancy.
- Avoids costly and time-consuming excavation work.