We are looking to recruit experienced Drainage Engineers to join us here at Subscan to cover reactive works in the Leeds area, ready to deliver effective solutions to waste-water and drainage problems.
You will take lead operating a van-pack vehicle operating our hi-tech jetting equipment. Your daily responsibilities will consist of dealing with drainage issues such as blockages, jetting of pipework, and other related issues.
You will be based at our Leeds Head Office but you will be required to travel across the UK as and when needed, visiting public and private residential and commercial locations. Having an existing knowledge of jetting machinery and vehicles is required and training qualifications relating to HPWJ, CSCS, PTS, Working at Height and Confined Spaces would support your application.
You should be able to demonstrate a responsible approach to quality and health and safety management, including knowledge of compiling risk assessments and method statements (RAMS) and knowledge of lone working processes.
We expect candidates to possess excellent communication skills and be able to work to business and client requirements, delivering a quality service to varying specifications.
The successful candidate will have an opportunity to become an important part of our Reactive Department. Our training and commitment will provide good prospects for a long career with Subscan UDS. We offer remuneration relevant to experience with a generous overtime pay structure.
- Applying a risk-based approach to identify, design and implement drainage improvement programmes.
- Maintenance and repair of drainage pipelines such as sewage and wastewater.
- Cleaning up affected areas following flooding events.
- Being involved in reactive and preplanned drainage maintenance to domestic, commercial and industrial sites.
- Deal with all aspects of drainage including, but not limited to, CCTV Surveys and High-Pressure Water Jetting,
- Completing site/works information on a tablet device.
- Carry out all work in line with company health and safety policy and procedures.
- Keeping up with general maintenance and upkeep of vehicles and equipment.
- Attending out of hours calls while on rota.
- 2 years or more experience in the drainage industry.
- Experienced use of various drainage equipment.
- Competent in using workforce management software such as JobWatch.
- Ability to work effectively alone or as part of a team.
- Qualifications and tickets related to the industry such as CSCS, HPJW, Confined Space, etc.
- Jet-Vac vehicle operation experience.
- High Pressure Water Jetting experience.
- Ability to find faults and diagnose the root cause of an issue.
Subscan UDS Ltd is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Please be aware that Subscan UDS Ltd does not accept CVs from recruitment agencies. Please do not forward applicants for our jobs or to our employees. Subscan UDS Ltd is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.
This description reflects the core activities of the role but is not intended to be all-inclusive and other duties within the department may be required in addition to changes in the emphasis of duties as required from time to time. There is a requirement for the candidate to recognise this and adopt a flexible approach to work. Job descriptions will be reviewed regularly and where necessary revised in accordance with organisational needs. Any major changes will be discussed with the candidate.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
To keep you and our clients safe, Subscan requires employees to wear PPE at all times, such as face mask and gloves.
- drainage: 1 year (Preferred)
- van pack jetting: 1 year (Required)
- Leeds, West Yorkshire (Required)
- Driving License (Required)
Flexible Working Options Available:
- Not offered
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Plastic shield at work stations
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitisation, disinfection or cleaning procedures in place
If you’re interested please send your latest CV to email@example.com or call 0344 499 5220 for immediate consideration.