Subscan UDS is currently looking for experienced Groundworkers with experience and knowledge of the drainage industry to join three new teams in our Civils department. You will be accountable for section 104 works which will include all aspects of general groundwork, mainly comprising of manual excavation and installing drainage, as well as any other related tasks as the job progresses.
Candidates must hold a valid CSCS/CPCS or NPORS card, and have a minimum of two years’ groundworks experience.
- Manage team workloads within agreed timescales.
- Carry out site audits to maintain high quality of works and exceptional performance of staff.
- Act as main contact for groundwork teams.
- Ensure that a safe site is established and maintained in accordance with our RAMS and relevant Construction Phase Plans. This can include all forms of site segregation, signing and guarding.
- Work within the framework of Subscan UDS Health & Safety Policy and accompanying legislation and codes of practice.
- Maintain and take care of tools and equipment on site and ensure that they are kept in a lockable area at the end of the shift.
- Report any near misses, accidents, or incidents on site to your manager.
- Ensure that sites are left clear and tidy to represent the company’s reputation in delivering good practices, quality of work and overall general appearance.
- Adhere to the Construction Design and Management regulations 2015.
- Have a full driving licence
- Hold a CSCS/CPCS or NPORS card
- Hold EUSR Excavation Safety Category 3, 4 & 5 accreditation
- Have had CPCS (A58 or A59) 360 excavator training
- Skilled in the use of groundworks machinery with experience using power tools such as Hydraulic breakers and disc saws and grinding wheels
- Excavation and Sub- Structure knowledge
- Be able to problem solve on issues related to construction, using initiative when making decisions to enable the works to continue
- Understand the Construction Design and Management regulations 2015
- Work within a team to achieve targets
- NRSWA qualified with Traffic Management knowledge
- Advantageous to be SSSTS trained
Subscan UDS Ltd is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Please be aware that Subscan UDS Ltd does not accept CVs from recruitment agencies. Please do not forward applicants for our jobs or to our employees. Subscan UDS Ltd is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.
This description reflects the core activities of the role but is not intended to be all-inclusive and other duties within the department may be required in addition to changes in the emphasis of duties as required from time to time. There is a requirement for the candidate to recognise this and adopt a flexible approach to work. Job descriptions will be reviewed regularly and where necessary revised in accordance with organisational needs. Any major changes will be discussed with the candidate.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
To keep out employees safe during the COVID-19 pandemic, we provide full PPE on a weekly basis to help avoid spreading the virus.
If you’re interested please send your latest CV to email@example.com or call 0344 499 5220 for immediate consideration.