As Buyer, you will play an important role in helping Subscan UDS procure all the materials required for our projects and ensure they are provided on time and within allocated budgets. Within your new role, you will ensure the profitability of business contracts, by purchasing the most cost-effective and appropriate materials for each job.
- Providing prices for all materials included in project plans and drawings
- Identifying potential suppliers and new products
- Contacting a range of suppliers and sub‐contractors to obtain quotations
- Agreeing delivery times
- Keeping detailed records and maintaining well‐organised work schedules
- Assessing the reliability of sub‐contractors and suppliers
- Dealing effectively with challenges with suppliers and the flow of materials
- Ensuring compliance with the safety, health and environment requirements of materials and services
- Providing advice to the project estimator on the predicted cost of individual items
- Liaising closely with the estimator at the tendering stage to ensure that an accurate project cost is provided
- Preparing and maintaining cost reports in order to maximise efficiency within the business
- Negotiating and agreeing the most favourable terms possible with suppliers once a contract has been secured
- Knowledge and understanding of construction materials related to the drainage industry
- Good communication skills
- Strong maths and budgeting abilities
- Analytical thinking
- Excellent negotiation skills
Subscan UDS is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Please be aware that Subscan UDS Ltd does not accept CVs from recruitment agencies. Please do not forward applicants for our jobs or to our employees. Subscan UDS Ltd is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.
This description reflects the core activities of the role but is not intended to be all-inclusive and other duties within the department may be required in addition to changes in the emphasis of duties as required from time to time. There is a requirement for the candidate to recognise this and adopt a flexible approach to work. Job descriptions will be reviewed regularly and where necessary revised in accordance with organisational needs. Any major changes will be discussed with the candidate.
Reference ID: EMP/REQ/BUY001
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: Up to £25,000.00 per year
To keep you and our clients safe, Subscan requires employees to wear PPE at all times, such as face mask and gloves.
If you’re interested please send your latest CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0344 499 5220 for immediate consideration.